2014年10月16日木曜日

I'll introduce my book

Hi! I'm Kyoko. Today I'll introduce my book.






Title: goodbye ed, hello me
Author: Jenni Schaefer
Year of publication: 2009


This book is about eating disorder. The author suffered from the disorder, so she tells us what's the ed and how to get over the disorder in the book. Moreover she wrote why she had it and what she thought about it, so we can know how hard to cure it.

First of all, I want to tell you the reason  why I chose the book. This is because, I want to know the ed deeply. In my opinion, eating is the most important thing for us, but there are some people in the world who have trouble about eating. I'm interested in knowing what they think about ed and food. So I'm really attracted the book and I'm looking forward to reading more pages. 

In the first section, she wrote why she got the disease. She said it was an unconscious thing. She didn't think she got ed, but in fact she did. (However she knew the truth later.) And the reason why she noticed the truth was to meet people who also had ed, she wrote. 

After I read the section, I felt a little fear, because her experience means we may have ed easily and unconsciously. If we get it, the greater part of us can't notice and recognize it at first. Just a little thing may make us get ed, I think.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I like the fact that you were motivated to read the book because you genuinely would like to understand eating disorders, and the people who have them, better.

    It is rather frightening to know that one can have an eating disorder without being conscious of it. It's said that eating disorders are much like addictions to alcohol or to drugs. Also, in the case of those additions, we may deny we have them and think they are something that happens to somebody else.

    返信削除